Drag and drop writing to CDRWs (JSF) - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Drag and drop writing to CDRWs (JSF) - Hewlett Packard ; I have two HP zd8151's and was using Roxio Easy CD Creators drag and drop to CDRWs on my previous computers, but for some reason it doesn't work with the Oak Technologies CD-DVD-DVDR drive. Neither HP Support nor Roxio Support ...

  1. Drag and drop writing to CDRWs (JSF)

    I have two HP zd8151's and was using Roxio Easy CD Creators drag and drop to
    CDRWs on my previous computers, but for some reason it doesn't work with the
    Oak Technologies CD-DVD-DVDR drive.

    Neither HP Support nor Roxio Support can say anything other than there
    appears to be a problem with the hardware on all HP's using the Oak drive.

    I am having a problem believing that, can anyone offer any information. And
    is there any software out there the handles drag and drop the same way as
    Roxio. Nero offer a close solution, but you can not delete files written to
    the CDRW.

    Thanks is advance

  2. Re: Drag and drop writing to CDRWs (JSF)

    Questions: Does Roxio Easy CD Creator work at all with your Oak Technologies
    CD-DVD-DVDR drive? Have you successfully burned write-once CD-Rs?

    The defect with Roxio, Nero, and NTI's software is that they all construct
    elaborate entries in the Windows registry for each supported drive. If your
    drive is not supported by the version of Easy CD Creator you are using, Easy CD
    Creator simply will not do anything with it.

    Let me suggest CDBurnerXPPro, Burn4Free or Easy Burning as alternatives to try.
    All are free, free, free downloads. Easy Burning has a strange interface
    derived from the Linux world, but hey! it works for what I've often needed to
    do... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 23:44:12 -0500, "Joseph Ferraro"
    wrote:

    >I have two HP zd8151's and was using Roxio Easy CD Creators drag and drop to
    >CDRWs on my previous computers, but for some reason it doesn't work with the
    >Oak Technologies CD-DVD-DVDR drive.
    >
    >Neither HP Support nor Roxio Support can say anything other than there
    >appears to be a problem with the hardware on all HP's using the Oak drive.
    >
    >I am having a problem believing that, can anyone offer any information. And
    >is there any software out there the handles drag and drop the same way as
    >Roxio. Nero offer a close solution, but you can not delete files written to
    >the CDRW.
    >
    >Thanks is advance

  3. Re: Drag and drop writing to CDRWs (JSF)

    Yes it does work - all functions of the software work expect for the drag
    and drop to CDRW's

    "Ben Myers" wrote in message
    > Questions: Does Roxio Easy CD Creator work at all with your Oak
    > Technologies
    > CD-DVD-DVDR drive? Have you successfully burned write-once CD-Rs?
    >
    > The defect with Roxio, Nero, and NTI's software is that they all construct
    > elaborate entries in the Windows registry for each supported drive. If
    > your
    > drive is not supported by the version of Easy CD Creator you are using,
    > Easy CD
    > Creator simply will not do anything with it.
    >
    > Let me suggest CDBurnerXPPro, Burn4Free or Easy Burning as alternatives to
    > try.
    > All are free, free, free downloads. Easy Burning has a strange interface
    > derived from the Linux world, but hey! it works for what I've often
    > needed to
    > do... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 23:44:12 -0500, "Joseph Ferraro"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I have two HP zd8151's and was using Roxio Easy CD Creators drag and drop
    >>CDRWs on my previous computers, but for some reason it doesn't work with
    >>the
    >>Oak Technologies CD-DVD-DVDR drive.
    >>
    >>Neither HP Support nor Roxio Support can say anything other than there
    >>appears to be a problem with the hardware on all HP's using the Oak drive.
    >>
    >>I am having a problem believing that, can anyone offer any information.
    >>And
    >>is there any software out there the handles drag and drop the same way as
    >>Roxio. Nero offer a close solution, but you can not delete files written
    >>the CDRW.
    >>
    >>Thanks is advance

+ Reply to Thread