Sticky microprocessor - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Sticky microprocessor - Hewlett Packard ; Hello all, this is my first post. I'm hoping someone can help me out with my problem. I am trying to repair am HP laptop computer. The model is a pavilion ze5500. I was following the repair manual for taking ...

  1. Sticky microprocessor

    Hello all, this is my first post.
    I'm hoping someone can help me out with my problem.
    I am trying to repair am HP laptop computer. The model is a pavilion
    ze5500. I was following the repair manual for taking the heatsink
    off. I removed the 4 screws, disconnected both fans then pulled up on
    the heatsink. When this happened, it pulled the microprocessor right
    out of it's s****et. I then tried to remove the processor from the
    heatsink but it is stuck solid. I'm afraid I will break the processor
    if I pull to hard or try to pry it off. Does anyone have any
    suggestions?

  2. Re: Sticky microprocessor

    Use a Hair Dryer running on hot to loosen it up. Works like a champ.

    Dewaine

    PG wrote:

    > Hello all, this is my first post.
    > I'm hoping someone can help me out with my problem.
    > I am trying to repair am HP laptop computer. The model is a pavilion
    > ze5500. I was following the repair manual for taking the heatsink
    > off. I removed the 4 screws, disconnected both fans then pulled up on
    > the heatsink. When this happened, it pulled the microprocessor right
    > out of it's s****et. I then tried to remove the processor from the
    > heatsink but it is stuck solid. I'm afraid I will break the processor
    > if I pull to hard or try to pry it off. Does anyone have any
    > suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread