Laserjet 2200dn question - duplexing - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Laserjet 2200dn question - duplexing - Hewlett Packard ; My 2200dn will only print in duplex mode for some reason, even if it is disabled. At first I could not get it to duplex, but I found the enable mode setting in properties. Rather than dipping in to switch ...

  1. Laserjet 2200dn question - duplexing

    My 2200dn will only print in duplex mode for some reason, even if it
    is disabled.

    At first I could not get it to duplex, but I found the enable mode
    setting in properties.

    Rather than dipping in to switch that setting as the need for
    duplexing arose (or not), I thought I could simply set up another
    2200dn, enable duplexing on it, and retain the original one in
    single-sided mode.

    Alas, it appears if duplexing in enabled in any profile, it is set in
    all of them. Anyone know of a work around for this?

    Thanks

    Dan L

    my '34 Ford Project: http://danl.starband.net/default.htm

  2. Re: Laserjet 2200dn question - duplexing

    In article , 34FiveWindow
    wrote:

    > My 2200dn will only print in duplex mode for some reason, even if it
    > is disabled.
    >
    > At first I could not get it to duplex, but I found the enable mode
    > setting in properties.
    >
    > Rather than dipping in to switch that setting as the need for
    > duplexing arose (or not), I thought I could simply set up another
    > 2200dn, enable duplexing on it, and retain the original one in
    > single-sided mode.
    >
    > Alas, it appears if duplexing in enabled in any profile, it is set in
    > all of them. Anyone know of a work around for this?

    Dan-

    Remove the duplexer from one of the printers. See the installation
    instructions and do the reverse.

    Similar HP laserjets can be set to always print duplex. This is a setting
    in the printer, separate from the one in your computer's printing menus.
    To NOT print duplex, both the printer and the computer must be set that
    way.

    If one printer is set to always print duplex, and the other has the
    duplexer removed, it shouldn't matter how your computer is set.

    Fred

+ Reply to Thread