Stripes on Images on New Photosmart 330? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Stripes on Images on New Photosmart 330? - Hewlett Packard ; I just bought an HP Photosmart 330 printer, and when I print from Picasa, I get these strange stripes on the image. The stripes run the short way across the image, are about 1/4" wide, and there are 3 of ...

  1. Stripes on Images on New Photosmart 330?

    I just bought an HP Photosmart 330 printer, and when I print from Picasa, I
    get these strange stripes on the image. The stripes run the short way
    across the image, are about 1/4" wide, and there are 3 of them evenly spaced
    the long way across the image. The stripes are all the right colors and
    match the image, but the colors are somewhat more ... intense? Is that
    making any sense?

    In any case, when I print from the HP software, the stripes don't appear, so
    HP says it's a Picasa problem. Sounds like a cop-out to me, if there's a
    problem with Picasa printing, it's probably a shared issue between Picasa &
    the HP printer driver.

    I'm 95% certain I have the newest printer driver. I'll double-check that.

    Anybody else seeing this? Any suggestions?

    Thanks!
    Chris

  2. Re: Stripes on Images on New Photosmart 330?

    Chris Shearer Cooper wrote:
    > I just bought an HP Photosmart 330 printer, and when I print from Picasa, I
    > get these strange stripes on the image. The stripes run the short way
    > across the image, are about 1/4" wide, and there are 3 of them evenly spaced
    > the long way across the image. The stripes are all the right colors and
    > match the image, but the colors are somewhat more ... intense? Is that
    > making any sense?
    >
    > In any case, when I print from the HP software, the stripes don't appear, so
    > HP says it's a Picasa problem. Sounds like a cop-out to me, if there's a
    > problem with Picasa printing, it's probably a shared issue between Picasa &
    > the HP printer driver.

    Paint Shop Pro users with HP printers had a printing problem that each company blamed on
    the other. An *X10 sheet would print only partuially in the landsape mode. HP finally
    upgraded the printer drivers in hope the problem would go away, but it didn't.
    Fortunately, there was an easy workaround. One oculd rotate the image and print in the
    portrair mode. These sorts of problems are not uncommon when programs from two different
    companies are used together.

    > I'm 95% certain I have the newest printer driver. I'll double-check that.
    >
    > Anybody else seeing this? Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Chris

  3. Re: Stripes on Images on New Photosmart 330?

    I had that problem with a Kodak c330 but not on prints, when viewing on
    the monitor. I get 3 columns but ONLY if the ISO is set to 400 and the
    exp.comp. is -1 or below.

+ Reply to Thread