Damaged USG on HP Laptop question - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Damaged USG on HP Laptop question - Hewlett Packard ; My wife screwed up one and broke one of her USB port plugs on her HP laptop. Is this repairable? Expensive? What are our options. Anybody been through this problem?...

  1. Damaged USG on HP Laptop question

    My wife screwed up one and broke one of her USB port plugs on her HP laptop.

    Is this repairable? Expensive? What are our options.

    Anybody been through this problem?

  2. Re: Damaged USG on HP Laptop question

    Gonzo wrote:
    > My wife screwed up one and broke one of her USB port plugs on her HP laptop.
    >
    > Is this repairable? Expensive? What are our options.
    >
    > Anybody been through this problem?

    Probably part of the motherboard. Not cheap to fix - depending on the
    age of the laptop, it may not even be worth it.

    Get a USB hub ~ $10 at any store.

    If the laptop only has USB 1.0 and she needs high speed get a USB 2.0
    pcmcia card ~$30-40.

    /dan

  3. Re: Damaged USG on HP Laptop question

    "Dan Ganek" wrote in message
    > Gonzo wrote:
    >> My wife screwed up one and broke one of her USB port plugs on her HP
    >> laptop.
    >>
    >> Is this repairable? Expensive? What are our options.
    >>
    >> Anybody been through this problem?

    > Probably part of the motherboard. Not cheap to fix - depending on the
    > age of the laptop, it may not even be worth it.
    >
    > Get a USB hub ~ $10 at any store.
    >
    > If the laptop only has USB 1.0 and she needs high speed get a USB 2.0
    > pcmcia card ~$30-40.
    >
    > /dan

    Yeah that's what I thought Dan. Thanks.

    She has one USB 2.0 left so she should be OK.

    Think Ill put glue or something in the broken one so she does not short out
    the leads that are left there.

+ Reply to Thread