HP printer prints blank pages - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP printer prints blank pages - Hewlett Packard ; HP Deskjet 820cxi will print a test page fine.. But will not print from anything else. Blank pages only. If you make the first line of a document any color besides black, it will print fine, and will print the ...

  1. HP printer prints blank pages

    HP Deskjet 820cxi will print a test page fine.. But will not print from
    anything else. Blank pages only. If you make the first line of a
    document any color besides black, it will print fine, and will print
    the rest of the document in black! Chaged drivers... still the same..
    tried generic HP deskjet driver, still the same. Happens with notepad
    as well. Any ideas?

  2. Re: HP printer prints blank pages

    wrote in message
    news:1135865254.811002.196130@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > HP Deskjet 820cxi will print a test page fine.. But will not print
    > from
    > anything else. Blank pages only. If you make the first line of a
    > document any color besides black, it will print fine, and will print
    > the rest of the document in black! Changed drivers... still the
    > same..
    > tried generic HP deskjet driver, still the same. Happens with notepad
    > as well. Any ideas?

    I would suspect your black cartridge is out of ink. If you print a page
    with color it is probably using the color cartridge to print black on
    that page. Try printing a nozzle diagnostic page as shown at:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&lang=en#N1000.
    I would suspect you will see color patterns but no black. In this case
    you need to replace the black cartridge.

    You might also check the spittoon as shown at
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...dlc=en&lang=en.
    It is possible that years of buildup is causing the black cartridge to
    fail.

    Regards,
    Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

+ Reply to Thread