HP 5100C Scanner vs. New Dell - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP 5100C Scanner vs. New Dell - Hewlett Packard ; Just bought a new Dell, with no hookup for a parallel cable. Cannot locate other possibilities on HP's website, but see a female connector on the back of the scanner. Looks like a 8 pin connector, about 3/8" wide. The ...

  1. HP 5100C Scanner vs. New Dell

    Just bought a new Dell, with no hookup for a parallel cable. Cannot locate
    other possibilities on HP's website, but see a female connector on the back
    of the scanner. Looks like a 8 pin connector, about 3/8" wide. The PC is
    Windows XP.

    If anyone has any suggestions, it would save having to buy a scanner!
    Thanks for any help.

    Rich

  2. Re: HP 5100C Scanner vs. New Dell

    Richard Birkett wrote:
    > Just bought a new Dell, with no hookup for a parallel cable. Cannot locate
    > other possibilities on HP's website, but see a female connector on the back
    > of the scanner. Looks like a 8 pin connector, about 3/8" wide. The PC is
    > Windows XP.
    >
    > If anyone has any suggestions, it would save having to buy a scanner!
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Rich

    I believe that the female connector that you see is for an optional
    document feeder. The scanner does indeed use a parallel port interface.
    You might try using a parallel-usb adapter such as these:
    http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/u...nter_cable.htm

+ Reply to Thread