OEM BIOS needed for HP Media Center 873n. - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OEM BIOS needed for HP Media Center 873n. - Hewlett Packard ; I'm in need of a copy of the original OEM BIOS the came with the 873n Media Center desktop. The BIOS available on HP's FTP, while newer, is a generic version for the motherboard. The splash screen is gone, and ...

  1. OEM BIOS needed for HP Media Center 873n.

    I'm in need of a copy of the original OEM BIOS the came with the 873n
    Media Center desktop. The BIOS available on HP's FTP, while newer, is
    a generic version for the motherboard. The splash screen is gone, and
    I get an error about the CPU fan (there's no CPU fan on this model). I
    know, I should have backed it up before applying the Tango 3.17 update.

    I contacted tech support, and as anyone can guess, it got me nowhere
    other than trying to get me to load setup defaults (been there).

    If anyone has a copy of this particular model desktop's BIOS (or is
    willing to back up their BIOS to create a copy), please e-mail me. The
    e-mail above is valid (I created the account specifically for this
    post).

    Thanks.

  2. Re: OEM BIOS needed for HP Media Center 873n.

    Sorry, Google's contradicting itself saying that the e-mail won't show
    up right in one place, yet when I posted I got a message saying it
    would. It's junkmaster2000@bellsouth.net.

+ Reply to Thread