Which is the best laser-cartridge refill system? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Which is the best laser-cartridge refill system? - Hewlett Packard ; I have an old HP 4L laser printer which I continue to use happily. But the cartridges are expensive and I want to start re-using them using a refill kit. Any recommendations for which refill kit is easiest to use, ...

  1. Which is the best laser-cartridge refill system?

    I have an old HP 4L laser printer which I continue to use happily. But
    the cartridges are expensive and I want to start re-using them using a
    refill kit.

    Any recommendations for which refill kit is easiest to use, least
    messy, most reliable, or whatever criterion you choose to use in
    evaluating them?

    Thanks for your opinion.

  2. Re: Which is the best laser-cartridge refill system?

    The best option is to buy refilled and reconditioned cartridges from a
    well-regarded supplier. You can get them at Staples, OfficeMax, etc, but at a
    ridiculous markup. There are better and less expensive sources, usually direct
    from the company that refills them. No fuss, no muss, no bother, no black toner
    in the lungs or on the kitchen floor... Ben Myers

    On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:38:56 GMT, Gary wrote:

    >I have an old HP 4L laser printer which I continue to use happily. But
    >the cartridges are expensive and I want to start re-using them using a
    >refill kit.
    >
    >Any recommendations for which refill kit is easiest to use, least
    >messy, most reliable, or whatever criterion you choose to use in
    >evaluating them?
    >
    >Thanks for your opinion.

  3. Re: Which is the best laser-cartridge refill system?

    Ben Myers wrote:
    > The best option is to buy refilled and reconditioned cartridges from a
    > well-regarded supplier. You can get them at Staples, OfficeMax, etc, but at a
    > ridiculous markup. There are better and less expensive sources, usually direct
    > from the company that refills them. No fuss, no muss, no bother, no black toner
    > in the lungs or on the kitchen floor... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:38:56 GMT, Gary wrote:
    >

    >>I have an old HP 4L laser printer which I continue to use happily. But
    >>the cartridges are expensive and I want to start re-using them using a
    >>refill kit.
    >>
    >>Any recommendations for which refill kit is easiest to use, least
    >>messy, most reliable, or whatever criterion you choose to use in
    >>evaluating them?
    >>
    >>Thanks for your opinion.

    Get 'em off eBay. you can get re-manufactured for about $35,
    a genuine for $60. Although the HP 74A's seem to be scarce on eBay.

    I always buy the equivalent Apple toner cartridge for my HPLJ 5.
    For the 4L look for the Apple M2045GA - There's a couple genuine ones
    on eBay now for less than $27 (BIN) shipped. The Canon equivalent
    are also available but they seem to go for the about same price as HPs.

    /dan

+ Reply to Thread