help with removing casing of hp pavilion 5700 notebook - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on help with removing casing of hp pavilion 5700 notebook - Hewlett Packard ; hi Yes i have joined that group of peeps with a hp notebook with a damaged power socket !!!! I am looking for some assistance in how to remove the casing to repair it - is there a place i ...

  1. help with removing casing of hp pavilion 5700 notebook

    hi

    Yes i have joined that group of peeps with a hp notebook with a damaged
    power socket !!!!

    I am looking for some assistance in how to remove the casing to repair it -
    is there a place i can get instructions on doin this or could someone advise
    in detail please.

    i have managed to remove all the screws hardrive etc and unclipped the
    bottom half from the top but it still appears to be joined by something in
    the middle of the notebook - are there any screws under the keyboard or
    something that im missing

    helpppppppppppp!

    having read all the great detail on the topic of the power sockets im sure
    there will be someone on here that can help

    thanks in advance duncan
    and i know santa aint gonna bring me a new notebook for xmas so i need to do
    this.

  2. Re: help with removing casing of hp pavilion 5700 notebook

    dd wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > Yes i have joined that group of peeps with a hp notebook with a damaged
    > power socket !!!!
    >
    > I am looking for some assistance in how to remove the casing to repair it -
    > is there a place i can get instructions on doin this or could someone advise
    > in detail please.
    >
    > i have managed to remove all the screws hardrive etc and unclipped the
    > bottom half from the top but it still appears to be joined by something in
    > the middle of the notebook - are there any screws under the keyboard or
    > something that im missing
    >
    > helpppppppppppp!
    >
    > having read all the great detail on the topic of the power sockets im sure
    > there will be someone on here that can help
    >
    > thanks in advance duncan
    > and i know santa aint gonna bring me a new notebook for xmas so i need to do
    > this.

    You do have to remove the keyboard. After removing the keyboard, look at
    the area where the space bar would normally be and you will see a deeply
    recessed screw. This must be removed for the clamshell to come apart.

+ Reply to Thread