Recreating the restore cd's - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Recreating the restore cd's - Hewlett Packard ; I have a HP Pavilion that I am working on for a friend. The pavilion has WINXP Home installed. He created the restore cd's from the HP recovery program. I have not tried to restore from these CD's due to ...

  1. Recreating the restore cd's

    I have a HP Pavilion that I am working on for a friend. The pavilion has
    WINXP Home installed. He created the restore cd's from the HP recovery
    program. I have not tried to restore from these CD's due to the #7 CD(out
    of 8) has no files on it. When I tried to create a new set of restore CD's
    the pavilion say's a set has been created and will not allow me to create
    another set. I called HP and the computer is out of warranty and they do
    not have a set to send me. Is there a way to way to recreate the set of
    restore cd's? A registery setting, or a data file the needs to be modified
    so the system will create a new set?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Recreating the restore cd's

    On 12/20/2005 12:57 PM, bob pondered briefly and then wrote:

    > I have a HP Pavilion that I am working on for a friend. The pavilion has
    > WINXP Home installed. He created the restore cd's from the HP recovery
    > program. I have not tried to restore from these CD's due to the #7 CD(out
    > of 8) has no files on it. When I tried to create a new set of restore CD's
    > the pavilion say's a set has been created and will not allow me to create
    > another set. I called HP and the computer is out of warranty and they do
    > not have a set to send me. Is there a way to way to recreate the set of
    > restore cd's? A registery setting, or a data file the needs to be modified
    > so the system will create a new set?
    >
    > Thanks

    Call here: 1-800-227-8164

    I just got done ordering a replacement recovery CD today for a HP
    Pavilion. The one I needed was $12.08 USD.
    --
    Steve
    Project-43

  3. Re: Recreating the restore cd's

    On 12/20/2005 2:23 PM, Steve M. Mann pondered briefly and then wrote:

    > On 12/20/2005 12:57 PM, bob pondered briefly and then wrote:
    >
    >> I have a HP Pavilion that I am working on for a friend. The pavilion has
    >> WINXP Home installed. He created the restore cd's from the HP recovery
    >> program. I have not tried to restore from these CD's due to the #7 CD(out
    >> of 8) has no files on it. When I tried to create a new set of restore CD's
    >> the pavilion say's a set has been created and will not allow me to create
    >> another set. I called HP and the computer is out of warranty and they do
    >> not have a set to send me. Is there a way to way to recreate the set of
    >> restore cd's? A registery setting, or a data file the needs to be modified
    >> so the system will create a new set?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Call here: 1-800-227-8164
    >
    > I just got done ordering a replacement recovery CD today for a HP
    > Pavilion. The one I needed was $12.08 USD.

    Whoops. Just re-read you post. You called HP and they don't stock the
    recovery CD(s) for your particular model Pavilion? Then I guess my
    suggestion will be of no help.

    --
    Steve
    Project-43
    http://project43.steve-mann.com/
    "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

+ Reply to Thread