CD Writer does not recognize CDRWs - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on CD Writer does not recognize CDRWs - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I have an HP Pavilion 7900 desktop with XP Home. It has a CD Writer and a CD-ROM drive. I burned some CDRWs when I first bought the computer (about 3 years ago) and I want to reuse them, ...

  1. CD Writer does not recognize CDRWs

    Hi, I have an HP Pavilion 7900 desktop with XP Home. It has a CD Writer
    and a CD-ROM drive. I burned some CDRWs when I first bought the
    computer (about 3 years ago) and I want to reuse them, but the CD
    Writer won't recognize them. I put them in my CD-ROM and it reads them
    all just fine, but when I put them in my CD Writer it tells me that
    there is no disk. I can burn and read CD-Rs without a problem.

    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Writer and its drivers but
    nothing seems to work. I have tried using Nero 7 Ultra, some MAGIX
    burning software and whatever Windows XP Home comes with, but it
    continues to tell me that there is no disk in the drive.

    If anyone knows what might be causing this problem please let me know!

    thx,
    -matt

  2. Re: CD Writer does not recognize CDRWs

    Frankly, CD-RWs are VERY unpopular. Be happy that you can read the data on
    them. Commence using CD-Rs exclusively... Ben Myers

    On 19 Dec 2005 14:28:29 -0800, "mini chifa" wrote:

    >Hi, I have an HP Pavilion 7900 desktop with XP Home. It has a CD Writer
    >and a CD-ROM drive. I burned some CDRWs when I first bought the
    >computer (about 3 years ago) and I want to reuse them, but the CD
    >Writer won't recognize them. I put them in my CD-ROM and it reads them
    >all just fine, but when I put them in my CD Writer it tells me that
    >there is no disk. I can burn and read CD-Rs without a problem.
    >
    >I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Writer and its drivers but
    >nothing seems to work. I have tried using Nero 7 Ultra, some MAGIX
    >burning software and whatever Windows XP Home comes with, but it
    >continues to tell me that there is no disk in the drive.
    >
    >If anyone knows what might be causing this problem please let me know!
    >
    >thx,
    >-matt

  3. Re: CD Writer does not recognize CDRWs

    you might try a different brand - or perhaps your writer is starting to
    go, or perhaps it is dirty - try a disk cleaner
    alan

    "mini chifa" wrote in message
    news:1135031309.744632.218350@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi, I have an HP Pavilion 7900 desktop with XP Home. It has a CD Writer
    > and a CD-ROM drive. I burned some CDRWs when I first bought the
    > computer (about 3 years ago) and I want to reuse them, but the CD
    > Writer won't recognize them. I put them in my CD-ROM and it reads them
    > all just fine, but when I put them in my CD Writer it tells me that
    > there is no disk. I can burn and read CD-Rs without a problem.
    >
    > I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Writer and its drivers but
    > nothing seems to work. I have tried using Nero 7 Ultra, some MAGIX
    > burning software and whatever Windows XP Home comes with, but it
    > continues to tell me that there is no disk in the drive.
    >
    > If anyone knows what might be causing this problem please let me know!
    >
    > thx,
    > -matt

+ Reply to Thread