DeskJet 722 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on DeskJet 722 - Hewlett Packard ; Does the lack of Yellow ink in the color cartridge affect the printer's Black text print out? My printer is printing blue instead of black. Installing a new Black cartridge did not change the situation. In cleaning the ink heads ...

  1. DeskJet 722

    Does the lack of Yellow ink in the color cartridge affect the
    printer's Black text print out?
    My printer is printing blue instead of black.
    Installing a new Black cartridge did not change the situation.

    In cleaning the ink heads I noticed Yellow is missing from the test
    sheet, so it could be the lack of yellow, but I'm not sure the color's
    are mixed to get black.
    I cleaned the color and black contact points, but it still is not
    printing property. Also, very occasionally it will print black OK.

    I don't mind buying another color cartridge if that is all it needs,
    but not if it won't help.

    Thanks,
    Fred

  2. Re: DeskJet 722

    fredg wrote:
    > Does the lack of Yellow ink in the color cartridge affect the
    > printer's Black text print out?
    > My printer is printing blue instead of black.
    > Installing a new Black cartridge did not change the situation.
    >
    > In cleaning the ink heads I noticed Yellow is missing from the test
    > sheet, so it could be the lack of yellow, but I'm not sure the color's
    > are mixed to get black.
    > I cleaned the color and black contact points, but it still is not
    > printing property. Also, very occasionally it will print black OK.
    >
    > I don't mind buying another color cartridge if that is all it needs,
    > but not if it won't help.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Fred

    If you want it to print black, you must select it in the print
    setup. Instead of printing in color, select print in black.

    --

    Gargravarr

    "One of the major problems of time travel is... one of grammer."

    **The Restaurant at the End of the Universe**

  3. Re: DeskJet 722

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:50:56 -0330, Gargravarr wrote:

    > fredg wrote:
    >> Does the lack of Yellow ink in the color cartridge affect the
    >> printer's Black text print out?
    >> My printer is printing blue instead of black.
    >> Installing a new Black cartridge did not change the situation.
    >>
    >> In cleaning the ink heads I noticed Yellow is missing from the test
    >> sheet, so it could be the lack of yellow, but I'm not sure the color's
    >> are mixed to get black.
    >> I cleaned the color and black contact points, but it still is not
    >> printing property. Also, very occasionally it will print black OK.
    >>
    >> I don't mind buying another color cartridge if that is all it needs,
    >> but not if it won't help.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Fred

    > If you want it to print black, you must select it in the print
    > setup. Instead of printing in color, select print in black.

    Thanks for replying.
    I understand that.
    My documents are set up to print just in black, as well as in various
    combinations of color. It depends upon the document. But the black
    text prints blue most of the time now. All was fine until last week.

    Fred

  4. Re: DeskJet 722

    "fredg" wrote in message
    > Does the lack of Yellow ink in the color cartridge affect the
    > printer's Black text print out?
    > My printer is printing blue instead of black.
    > Installing a new Black cartridge did not change the situation.

    It sounds like the color cartridge is being used to print text. This can
    happen if your paper type is set to photo paper - check the paper type in the
    driver. It can also happen if the printer thinks it is being sent graphics. I
    believe some versions of Word append a blank graphic to the end of a paragraph,
    which the driver may interpret as meaning the whole block is graphics rather
    than text. Try printing some text from Notepad or similar - if it is fine then
    look for an update for Word.

    Regards,
    Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

+ Reply to Thread