Disk Diagnostic Tool - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Disk Diagnostic Tool - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, is there a diagnostig tool for HP Hot plugable SCSI disks? We've ULTRA3 and ULTRA320 disks from 9GB until 72 GB thnx, Marco J.L....

  1. Disk Diagnostic Tool

    Hello,

    is there a diagnostig tool for HP Hot plugable SCSI disks?

    We've ULTRA3 and ULTRA320 disks from 9GB until 72 GB

    thnx,

    Marco J.L.

  2. Re: Disk Diagnostic Tool

    "Procor" wrote in message
    news:43a6ed1a$0$10080$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl ...
    > Hello,
    >
    > is there a diagnostig tool for HP Hot plugable SCSI disks?
    >
    > We've ULTRA3 and ULTRA320 disks from 9GB until 72 GB
    >
    > thnx,
    >
    > Marco J.L.

    Are you using them in a HP server, singly, mirrored or in a RAID array!

    HP has its own diagnostics.

  3. Re: Disk Diagnostic Tool

    We've a lot of disks with errors and we want to chack them. It are more than
    50 disks.
    All off them are used in Raid sets.

    ML
    "Eric H" wrote in message
    news5Dpf.2455$r4.1487@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...

    > "Procor" wrote in message
    > news:43a6ed1a$0$10080$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl ...
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> is there a diagnostig tool for HP Hot plugable SCSI disks?
    >>
    >> We've ULTRA3 and ULTRA320 disks from 9GB until 72 GB
    >>
    >> thnx,
    >>
    >> Marco J.L.
    >>

    > Are you using them in a HP server, singly, mirrored or in a RAID array!
    >
    > HP has its own diagnostics.

  4. Re: Disk Diagnostic Tool

    You should be able to check them with hard drive diagnostic software. The best
    choice is to use the diagnostics supplied by the manufacturer. If the drives
    have an "HP" signature in the firmware, rather than Seagate or whatever, the
    next best choice is Hitachi's Drive Fitness Test. Run the tests on each drive
    attached to a non-server system attached to an Adaptec SCSI host adapter.

    .... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:36:47 +0100, "Procor"
    wrote:

    >We've a lot of disks with errors and we want to chack them. It are more than
    >50 disks.
    >All off them are used in Raid sets.
    >
    >ML
    >"Eric H" wrote in message
    >news5Dpf.2455$r4.1487@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
    >>
    >> "Procor" wrote in message
    >> news:43a6ed1a$0$10080$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl ...
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> is there a diagnostig tool for HP Hot plugable SCSI disks?
    >>>
    >>> We've ULTRA3 and ULTRA320 disks from 9GB until 72 GB
    >>>
    >>> thnx,
    >>>
    >>> Marco J.L.
    >>>

    >> Are you using them in a HP server, singly, mirrored or in a RAID array!
    >>
    >> HP has its own diagnostics.

+ Reply to Thread