Just bought a HP Photosmart 8250 and would not work second day - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Just bought a HP Photosmart 8250 and would not work second day - Hewlett Packard ; First day I set it up and it worked flawlessly! Second day it would not set up! Nothing would print. Moved to other PC and it works fine. BUT really want it by first PC. My work PC! The only ...

  1. Just bought a HP Photosmart 8250 and would not work second day

    First day I set it up and it worked flawlessly!

    Second day it would not set up! Nothing would print.

    Moved to other PC and it works fine.

    BUT really want it by first PC. My work PC!

    The only thing I added after the printer was a USB 2.0 Hub. (printer
    is connected directly to computer USB port 001...

    Hub works fine. Oh and I removed hub and printer still would not
    start up.

    Running on Windows XP Pro SP2 Updated.

    Using a USB 2.0 cable.

    Any clues? Oh and does anyone know of a good HP Printers support
    Forum?

    Thanks for any help!

    Moondog

  2. Re: Just bought a HP Photosmart 8250 and would not work second day

    "Moondog" wrote in message

    > First day I set it up and it worked flawlessly!
    > Second day it would not set up! Nothing would print.

    [snip]
    > The only thing I added after the printer was a USB 2.0 Hub. (printer
    > is connected directly to computer USB port 001...

    [snip]
    > Any clues? Oh and does anyone know of a good HP Printers support
    > Forum?

    I do not have experience with the Photosmart 8250, but I would try
    disconnecting the printer, removing the driver and reinstalling. I suspect
    adding the hub has caused the printer to become confused about its connection.
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...categoryId=220
    or
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...categoryId=419
    are HP forums for printing, you may get an expert there to answer your
    questions.

    Regards,
    Bob Headrick

+ Reply to Thread