memory slots available for HP pavilion ze 4500 laptop - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on memory slots available for HP pavilion ze 4500 laptop - Hewlett Packard ; I would like to upgrade the memory on my laptop. I ran a system scan from memory -x that said I had 3 available slots. However, when I take the little 'RAM' cover off the back, there are just 2 ...

  1. memory slots available for HP pavilion ze 4500 laptop

    I would like to upgrade the memory on my laptop. I ran a system scan
    from memory -x that said I had 3 available slots. However, when I take
    the little 'RAM' cover off the back, there are just 2 slots. Is there a
    third slot lurking elesewhere in the system?

    The 2 slots I can see have 256K in each. I would rather just buy a
    512k for the third slot, but do not want to take the whole thing apart
    to find out it isn't really there or inaccessible. Does anyone know
    what the story is with these?

    Thanks,

    Martina

  2. Re: memory slots available for HP pavilion ze 4500 laptop

    marielley@gmail.com wrote:

    > I would like to upgrade the memory on my laptop. I ran a system scan
    > from memory -x that said I had 3 available slots. However, when I take
    > the little 'RAM' cover off the back, there are just 2 slots. Is there a
    > third slot lurking elesewhere in the system?
    >
    > The 2 slots I can see have 256K in each. I would rather just buy a
    > 512k for the third slot, but do not want to take the whole thing apart
    > to find out it isn't really there or inaccessible. Does anyone know
    > what the story is with these?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Martina

    I don't know where that 3rd slot is coming from, but I can definitely
    assure you that it does NOT exist. I've changed out the system boards on
    several of these ze45xx models and they indeed only have 2 slots.

  3. Re: memory slots available for HP pavilion ze 4500 laptop

    Thanks! I'm glad I didn't take my computer apart.

+ Reply to Thread