I'm having a problem with an Officejet 7210 scanning. The HP Director
software gives me the following error when trying to scan across the
network. "An error occurred communicating with the scanning device.
Please ensure that the scanning device is connected properly and try
again."

The Officejet is connected via ethernet and assigned an IP address. I
can print to the device.

Now I've made sure the user logging in has full admin rights both on
the XP Pro box and at the server level. The server is running SBS 2k3.

When I log in locally to the XP machine I CAN scan successfully. When
logged in to the domain I CANNOT and get the error above. Obviously
something at the server (in the group policy?) is blocking the scanner
but I am not sure what. I've disabled the firewall but not sure what
else to check.

Thanks,
Greg