HP writer not writing at advertized speed - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP writer not writing at advertized speed - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I recently bought a new HP Pavilion a1220n Pentium 4 Computer with a HP DVD Writer 740b Lightscribe drive. It advertizes that it is an 8x writer. I have 4X dvd blanks and it will only write at 1.3x ...

  1. HP writer not writing at advertized speed

    Hi,

    I recently bought a new HP Pavilion a1220n Pentium 4 Computer with a HP DVD
    Writer 740b Lightscribe drive. It advertizes that it is an 8x writer. I
    have 4X dvd blanks and it will only write at 1.3x speed. Even the CD writer
    only writes at about 9X speed. I use Sony 1-8X dvd blanks and TDK 4x dvd
    blanks. I use Phillips CD blanks. Is there something that I can do.

    Thanks

  2. Re: HP writer not writing at advertized speed

    If you are burning DVDs and CDs full of data, check the device settings in
    Device Manager, and possibly uninstall some of the crapware delivered on HP
    systems.

    If you are burning or copying CDs with audio tracks or DVDs of movies, live with
    it. I haven't had a lot of experience with movie DVDs, but copying an audio CD
    is a highly processor intensive task. First, the burning software has to
    digitize the analog audio tracks when reading from the source CD, then convert
    the digital data back to analog to write the tracks to the target blanks.

    Are you using CD-R or CD-RW blanks? CD-RW is slower than CD-R. What software
    are you using to burn CDs and DVDs? As a comparison try Burn4Free and
    CDBurnerXPPro. Both are free downloads and they work reasonably well. Google
    either name to find the download site... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:21:39 -0500, "Mike" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I recently bought a new HP Pavilion a1220n Pentium 4 Computer with a HP DVD
    >Writer 740b Lightscribe drive. It advertizes that it is an 8x writer. I
    >have 4X dvd blanks and it will only write at 1.3x speed. Even the CD writer
    >only writes at about 9X speed. I use Sony 1-8X dvd blanks and TDK 4x dvd
    >blanks. I use Phillips CD blanks. Is there something that I can do.
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread