need recovery cd for pavillion 6470Z - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on need recovery cd for pavillion 6470Z - Hewlett Packard ; Hi All, I deleted and reformated the hard drive from this pavilion 6470Z which had win 2000 on it. The riptide modem/ sound card did not work. So I had a recovery cd for a newer pavillion 8550 series but ...

  1. need recovery cd for pavillion 6470Z

    Hi All,
    I deleted and reformated the hard drive from this pavilion 6470Z which had
    win 2000 on it. The riptide modem/ sound card did not work. So I had a
    recovery cd for a newer pavillion 8550 series but it did not work. Does
    anyone know where I can get the proper recovery CD for this pavillion model
    6470Z? I tried the HP web site, but found no Recovery Cd available there.
    Regards
    Tom W.

  2. Re: need recovery cd for pavillion 6470Z

    tjw wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I deleted and reformated the hard drive from this pavilion 6470Z which had
    > win 2000 on it. The riptide modem/ sound card did not work. So I had a
    > recovery cd for a newer pavillion 8550 series but it did not work. Does
    > anyone know where I can get the proper recovery CD for this pavillion model
    > 6470Z? I tried the HP web site, but found no Recovery Cd available there.
    > Regards
    > Tom W.

    If yoo just need the sound driver...

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...reitem=pv510en

    You may need to paste the long link into your browser.

  3. Re: need recovery cd for pavillion 6470Z

    IN addition to the audio drivers, here's what else you may need to end up with a
    completely functioning system under Windows 2000. This info is from the Product
    Specifications page for the 6470Z.

    Intel 440ZX motherboard chipset (drivers available from the Intel web site.
    Same ones as Intel's BI440ZX. Install these first, before any other drivers.)

    ATI Rage Pro graphics (drivers from the ATI web site)

    You probably want to add memory if you have not already done so. Windows 2000
    needs more memory than the original 96MB to run comfortably... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:01:02 -0600, craigm wrote:

    >tjw wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >> I deleted and reformated the hard drive from this pavilion 6470Z which had
    >> win 2000 on it. The riptide modem/ sound card did not work. So I had a
    >> recovery cd for a newer pavillion 8550 series but it did not work. Does
    >> anyone know where I can get the proper recovery CD for this pavillion model
    >> 6470Z? I tried the HP web site, but found no Recovery Cd available there.
    >> Regards
    >> Tom W.

    >If yoo just need the sound driver...
    >
    >http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...reitem=pv510en
    >

    >You may need to paste the long link into your browser.

+ Reply to Thread