hp LaserJet 2300D intermittent fault - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on hp LaserJet 2300D intermittent fault - Hewlett Packard ; We have a hp laserjet 2300D connected to an intel netport which is intermittently refusing to print. The control panel displays "processing job" whereas normally it would say "processing job from tray X" then does nothing and quits. No errors ...

  1. hp LaserJet 2300D intermittent fault

    We have a hp laserjet 2300D connected to an intel netport which is
    intermittently refusing to print. The control panel displays
    "processing job" whereas normally it would say "processing job from
    tray X" then does nothing and quits. No errors either on the printer or
    the server. Whilst the printer is acting this way the same thing
    happens when attempting to print a config page from the on screen
    menus. Cycling the power to the printer usually solves the problem,
    thought sometimes we have to do this several times before it will start
    to behave again, then it is only a matter of time (sometimes minutes)
    before it starts all over again.

    Has anyone else had similar problems with a 2300, or indeed and hp
    laserjets?

    it seems very odd.

    many thanks

    jamie thompson

  2. Re: hp LaserJet 2300D intermittent fault

    jamie@fandabidozi.com wrote:
    >We have a hp laserjet 2300D connected to an intel netport which is
    >intermittently refusing to print. The control panel displays
    >"processing job" whereas normally it would say "processing job from
    >tray X" then does nothing and quits. No errors either on the printer or
    >the server. Whilst the printer is acting this way the same thing
    >happens when attempting to print a config page from the on screen
    >menus. Cycling the power to the printer usually solves the problem,
    >thought sometimes we have to do this several times before it will start
    >to behave again, then it is only a matter of time (sometimes minutes)
    >before it starts all over again.
    >
    >Has anyone else had similar problems with a 2300, or indeed and hp
    >laserjets?
    >
    >it seems very odd.
    >
    >many thanks
    >
    >jamie thompson

    Jamie
    Since this problem occurs with the test page it is clearly a printer problem. I
    suggest that you do a Cold Reset.

    NOTE:
    **When you cold reset the printer the jetdirect card will be initialised and
    all network addresses will be lost.**

    So firstly either remove the jetdirect card before you cold reset or make sure
    you print a jetdirect configuration page, so that you can enter the network
    details afterwards.

    Cold Reset procedure
    Turn printer off.
    Hold select (Green tick button) whilst turning the printer on.
    Release the button when all three lights are lit, the HP logo will appear and
    the printer will initialise.
    Press up/down to select "Cold Resest" and press the tick button.

    This will initialise the printer.

    If this does not fix the problem then you may have an intermittent fault on the
    Formatter Board.

    Tony

+ Reply to Thread