HP SureStore DAT24x6 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP SureStore DAT24x6 - Hewlett Packard ; any free software can be used with SureStore DAT 24x6? now i am using it with XP backup tool. i am fine with the backup feature of XP but it does not allow me to scan the tape content or ...

  1. HP SureStore DAT24x6

    any free software can be used with SureStore DAT 24x6?

    now i am using it with XP backup tool.

    i am fine with the backup feature of XP but it does not allow me to scan the
    tape content or format the tape.

    any free tool?

    Thanks a lot.

    tony

  2. Re: HP SureStore DAT24x6

    tony wong schrieb:

    > any free software can be used with SureStore DAT 24x6?

    Normally it should come with a copy of Tapeware...

    > now i am using it with XP backup tool.
    >
    > i am fine with the backup feature of XP but it does not allow me to scan the
    > tape content or format the tape.

    DDS (aka DAT) tapes don't have to be formatted, and the Windows backup
    tool can list the tape content so I really wonder what you miss...

    Benjamin

+ Reply to Thread