Lightscribe Labelling problems with TDK CDs - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Lightscribe Labelling problems with TDK CDs - Hewlett Packard ; I've got a new HP Pavilion with the HP Lightscribe DVD burner in it (HP DVD recorder 840b) and I was going crazy with TDK lightscribe CDs - none of my software programs that were lightscribe label capable would recognize ...

  1. Lightscribe Labelling problems with TDK CDs

    I've got a new HP Pavilion with the HP Lightscribe DVD burner in it
    (HP DVD recorder 840b) and I was going crazy with TDK lightscribe CDs
    - none of my software programs that were lightscribe label capable
    would recognize them as lightscibe CDs - "not a lightscribe disk or
    needs cleaning" . I've installed HP lightscribe updates but it made no
    difference. When I popped in the one HP brand lightscribe CD that came
    with the computer - no problem - the label was created with no errors.
    I wish I could use these TDK CDs but right now I'm back to a marker
    for labels! Any ideas anyone?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Lightscribe Labelling problems with TDK CDs

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:09:53 -0500, Terry this & the underscore)> wrote:

    >Any ideas anyone?

    Are you sure those TDK's are lightscribe-able? Blank CD and DVD could
    be mistaken so make sure the package does indicate lightscribe.
    Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

  3. Re: Lightscribe Labelling problems with TDK CDs

    Yep - the box from TDK is labeled "Lightscribe CD-R". That's why I
    bought them - I've got a ton of regular blank CDs that I've been
    burning on my older PC. I'm not new to CD burning but I am new to this
    Lightscribe technology.

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:24:15 -0500, Impmon wrote:

    >On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:09:53 -0500, Terry >this & the underscore)> wrote:
    >
    >>Any ideas anyone?

    >Are you sure those TDK's are lightscribe-able? Blank CD and DVD could
    >be mistaken so make sure the package does indicate lightscribe.

  4. Re: Lightscribe Labelling problems with TDK CDs

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:00:32 -0500, Terry this & the underscore)> wrote:

    >Yep - the box from TDK is labeled "Lightscribe CD-R". That's why I
    >bought them - I've got a ton of regular blank CDs that I've been
    >burning on my older PC. I'm not new to CD burning but I am new to this
    >Lightscribe technology.

    Ok on to step 2: are you putting the disc with the label side *down*?
    The lightscribe label needs to be facing down for the image to be
    etched.

    If you have done this and still can't get the burner to work, you
    could try downloading Nero 6 as it has Lightscribe feature and if that
    does fail as well, you may have a bad batch of CDs. Or a bad burner.
    Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

  5. Re: Lightscribe Labelling problems with TDK CDs

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:38:08 -0500, Impmon wrote:

    >On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:00:32 -0500, Terry >this & the underscore)> wrote:
    >
    >>Yep - the box from TDK is labeled "Lightscribe CD-R". That's why I
    >>bought them - I've got a ton of regular blank CDs that I've been
    >>burning on my older PC. I'm not new to CD burning but I am new to this
    >>Lightscribe technology.

    >Ok on to step 2: are you putting the disc with the label side *down*?
    >The lightscribe label needs to be facing down for the image to be
    >etched.
    >
    >If you have done this and still can't get the burner to work, you
    >could try downloading Nero 6 as it has Lightscribe feature and if that
    >does fail as well, you may have a bad batch of CDs. Or a bad burner.

    Yes - I'm putting the label side down. I may not be a PC expert but I
    handle a lot of IT duties for my department at work & I often end up
    helping the computer folks figure things out when they are stumped.
    So, I'm by no means a computer "newbie". I just burned a Lightscribe
    Memorex DVD and had no problem burning a label on this. I think it
    must just be the TDK disks - at least the batch I bought - they're
    just not recognized as lightscribe capable by any of the 3 lightscribe
    capable labeliing programs I have. No more TDK disks for me!

  6. Re: Lightscribe Labelling problems with TDK CDs

    I'm using Verbatim lightscriber compatibles from Harvey Norman's
    (I'm in Perth Western Australia) and they have worked fine so
    far.

    --
    Regards
    Blue

    Remove Z from email address to reply directly.

+ Reply to Thread