network card in Designjet 500 ? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on network card in Designjet 500 ? - Hewlett Packard ; I am shopping for a plotter, likely the best I can afford is a 42" DJ500ps. Form online retailers info is sketchy, HP not much more help. Can these take a jetdirect card I assume so but ...? Since Jetdirect ...

  1. network card in Designjet 500 ?

    I am shopping for a plotter, likely the best I can afford is a 42" DJ500ps.
    Form online retailers info is sketchy, HP not much more help.

    Can these take a jetdirect card I assume so but ...?
    Since Jetdirect cards are so much, can I just plug in a network card ?
    A collegue at another company suggested so.
    Is there pci slots in these plotters ?

    How much RAM memory can be put in without adding an HPGL card ?
    How much RAM will I need to spool 7 or 8 plot files ?

    If all these 'options' are really necessary I may have to look at used
    instead.
    Thx for any help or suggestions for info sources.
    Ron

  2. Re: network card in Designjet 500 ?

    According to specs on the HP web site, the DesignJet 500 has a slot for a newer
    EIO JetDirect card.

    HP plotters do not have PCI slots.

    Minimum memory is 16MB. Max is 160MB with the HPGL card. Not sure how to
    configure memory without an HPGL card on this model. You can set up the plotter
    driver on your computer to control spooling, which can be either in the plotter
    itself (with enough memory) or on the computer's hard drive.

    I suggest trying the plotter with the minimum amount of memory. If it works OK,
    fine. If not, you can always add memory... Ben Myers

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 04:56:52 GMT, Ron wrote:

    >I am shopping for a plotter, likely the best I can afford is a 42" DJ500ps.
    >Form online retailers info is sketchy, HP not much more help.
    >
    >Can these take a jetdirect card I assume so but ...?
    >Since Jetdirect cards are so much, can I just plug in a network card ?
    > A collegue at another company suggested so.
    >Is there pci slots in these plotters ?
    >
    >How much RAM memory can be put in without adding an HPGL card ?
    >How much RAM will I need to spool 7 or 8 plot files ?
    >
    >If all these 'options' are really necessary I may have to look at used
    >instead.
    >Thx for any help or suggestions for info sources.
    >Ron

+ Reply to Thread