[Q]Manually fail DL380 G4 SmartArry 6i disk errors - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on [Q]Manually fail DL380 G4 SmartArry 6i disk errors - Hewlett Packard ; A disk in a 6-way RAID 5 stirpe is logging fatal read/write errors in the System event log. The controller has not failed the disk, is there threshold for it to so or will I have to manually the fail ...

  1. [Q]Manually fail DL380 G4 SmartArry 6i disk errors

    A disk in a 6-way RAID 5 stirpe is logging fatal read/write errors in
    the System event log. The controller has not failed the disk, is there
    threshold for it to so or will I have to manually the fail the disk?

  2. Re: Manually fail DL380 G4 SmartArry 6i disk errors

    Automatic recovery of array now fails with the replacement disk. SCSI
    backplane has been also been swapped out. ADU is reporting 4 of 6 disks
    with errors but again the controller has not failed any of them.

    Next swap is the 6i controller.

  3. Re: Manually fail DL380 G4 SmartArry 6i disk errors

    Motherboard swap did not have the desired effect. Automatic recovery
    stills fails due errors on disk 1.

    Needless to say I am bit concerned about the ability of the 6i
    controller to detect errors and fail drives.

    The only errors logged thus far have been from Win 2k Server during
    boot. Initially only disk 5 reported errors until swapped out for
    recovery which to date has fails. Errors are now reported on disk 1.

+ Reply to Thread