DL380 ILO for Debian? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on DL380 ILO for Debian? - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, has someone successfully installed the lights-out-management for a DL380 G3 with Debian? I would like to check my raid and the cpus and fans (temperature, failure) without having to open the case. Thanks, Mike...

  1. DL380 ILO for Debian?

    Hello,

    has someone successfully installed the lights-out-management for a
    DL380 G3 with Debian?
    I would like to check my raid and the cpus and fans (temperature, failure)
    without having to open the case.

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. Re: DL380 ILO for Debian?

    Michael Perkonigg wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > has someone successfully installed the lights-out-management for a
    > DL380 G3 with Debian?
    > I would like to check my raid and the cpus and fans (temperature, failure)
    > without having to open the case.

    As far as I know, iLO is working regardless of the used os. Even with our own
    baked os, iLO works: It is the additional lan connector on the backplane. Hook
    it to the network and browse to it (the name is on the card attached to the
    machine, it uses dhcp to get an IP address)

    OR do you indicate the HP (snmp)agents and such? Try the HP site for Debian or
    general linux drivers and agents. In stall them, activate them and browse to the
    machine at port 2301 (or 2381).

    CBee

+ Reply to Thread