HP a1040A Realtek sound Faded away - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP a1040A Realtek sound Faded away - Hewlett Packard ; Sorry for the long post but this is driving me crazy. I've have sound but its at about 20% of the normal volume. The digital audio is greyed out and at a lowish setting on the volume control panel. This ...

  1. HP a1040A Realtek sound Faded away

    Sorry for the long post but this is driving me crazy.

    I've have sound but its at about 20% of the normal volume. The
    digital audio is greyed out and at a lowish setting on the
    volume control panel. This happened following a number of
    changes:

    a) Installation of Sony Ericsson Image Studio
    b) Swapping my USB Cable modem connection for a ethernet cable
    connection.
    c) Installing the Creative Software Updates for the Creative
    Zentouch MP3 player.

    I tried a system restore and swapping back to USB but that
    didn't help. I have also uninstalled and re-installed the
    Realtek sound and drivers but I still have very low volume. The
    volume controls on the sound effects panel etc are all set at
    max. The plugs are in the correct sockets and correctly
    inserted.

    I have both a flat panel with speakers and Logitech speakers
    connected. Swapping there plugs around just confirms it's not
    speaker related. I have also plugged both sets of speakers into
    a MP3 player and they work nice and loudly with that.

    Found this http://www.pcmech.com/show/troubleshoot/743/. It
    suggest a cause but a somewhat impracticable solution as I need
    my front panel outputs. I also have no spare slots for a sound
    card. I thought I could try jumpering then unjumpering and if
    that works wire a switch to replace the jumper but there seems
    to be no such jumpers on my mobo (the manual for it is here
    http://www.ctechinfo.org/manuals/pufferm_manual.pdfZ). But the
    new ethernet card sits over the Realtek chip and we are getting
    warmer weather here now so perhaps it's a heat related problem.

    --
    Regards
    Blue

    Remove Z from email address to reply directly.

  2. Re: HP a1040A Realtek sound Faded away

    This does not speak well for Realtek audio, does it? Creative remains the
    somewhat premium audio option. ADI audio finds its way onto Intel brand and a
    few other motherboards as the built-in budget-priced option... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:08:37 GMT, "aussieblu" wrote:

    >Sorry for the long post but this is driving me crazy.
    >
    >I've have sound but its at about 20% of the normal volume. The
    >digital audio is greyed out and at a lowish setting on the
    >volume control panel. This happened following a number of
    >changes:
    >
    >a) Installation of Sony Ericsson Image Studio
    >b) Swapping my USB Cable modem connection for a ethernet cable
    >connection.
    >c) Installing the Creative Software Updates for the Creative
    >Zentouch MP3 player.
    >
    >I tried a system restore and swapping back to USB but that
    >didn't help. I have also uninstalled and re-installed the
    >Realtek sound and drivers but I still have very low volume. The
    >volume controls on the sound effects panel etc are all set at
    >max. The plugs are in the correct sockets and correctly
    >inserted.
    >
    > I have both a flat panel with speakers and Logitech speakers
    >connected. Swapping there plugs around just confirms it's not
    >speaker related. I have also plugged both sets of speakers into
    >a MP3 player and they work nice and loudly with that.
    >
    >Found this http://www.pcmech.com/show/troubleshoot/743/. It
    >suggest a cause but a somewhat impracticable solution as I need
    >my front panel outputs. I also have no spare slots for a sound
    >card. I thought I could try jumpering then unjumpering and if
    >that works wire a switch to replace the jumper but there seems
    >to be no such jumpers on my mobo (the manual for it is here
    >http://www.ctechinfo.org/manuals/pufferm_manual.pdfZ). But the
    >new ethernet card sits over the Realtek chip and we are getting
    >warmer weather here now so perhaps it's a heat related problem.
    >

    >--
    >Regards
    >Blue
    >
    >Remove Z from email address to reply directly.

  3. Re: HP a1040A Realtek sound Faded away

    Yes at some point I will have to resort to contacting HP as it's
    still under warranty plus an extended retailer's warranty. It
    will be interesting how the respond to this if it is just an
    unsolvable quirk of Realtek.

    --
    Regards
    Blue

    Remove Z from email address to reply directly.

  4. Re: HP a1040A Realtek sound Faded away

    This is interesting; I wonder if this could be a fix. But HP
    don't offer it as such

    Regards
    Blue

    Remove Z from email address to reply directly.

+ Reply to Thread