Help;

All of a sudden when I need the scanner to work it won't scan. It will
print, copy, and fax. I checked all my cables, and uninstalled and re
installed the software. I get a notice that says
" HP has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". and then
stops I then went to details and it says,
HPSSCNWA caused an invalid page fault in module RPCTRA.DLL at 0167:7fb0894.

I bought the R-80 a few years ago when it first came out. I haven't had
any problems other then the cord coming out in the back. I'm running W98
When i first went to scan I noticed that it was really slow. I was just
scanning printed material, no color or pictures.

Can any one help me????????

TIA,

Terry