Stange lan0 problems - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Stange lan0 problems - Hewlett Packard ; My hpux can't configure the network card all of a sudden, and I can't quite figure out whether this is because of a HW error or not. The thing is - I installed a few patches and modified the kernel ...

  1. Stange lan0 problems

    My hpux can't configure the network card all of a sudden, and I can't
    quite figure out whether this is because of a HW error or not. The
    thing is - I installed a few patches and modified the kernel parms,
    then rebooted and had this problem.

    The symptoms are:

    lanscan says everything is fine (but the HW address is 0/0/0/0)

    ifconfig says 'plumb error'; apparently a file is missing. When I run
    it under tusc, it appears to be looking for /dev/10.7.16., which
    doesn't exist - shall I create it (and which major/minor?)

    landiag has nothing to say, and ioscan doesn't add cast anylight
    either.

    So - is this a HW error? Or what can I do to find out?

  2. Re: Stange lan0 problems

    what does ioscan -fk say? Do you happen to have STM installed?

    rick jones