HP DAT drive problem - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP DAT drive problem - Hewlett Packard ; Hi all, I just install a DAT drive to backup my server content but aparently I have some problemns with the device. Each time I put a tape on the reader, it performs a 12 seconds check (blinking green light ...

  1. HP DAT drive problem

    Hi all,
    I just install a DAT drive to backup my server content but aparently I
    have some problemns with the device.
    Each time I put a tape on the reader, it performs a 12 seconds check
    (blinking green light at left led) and the tape was ejected.
    Any clue or suggestion?

    The tape driver is an Hewlett Packard
    C1554A DDS-3 SCCI DAT driver
    and the tape is a DDS-3 125 tape

    regards

  2. Re: HP DAT drive problem

    "fato" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I just install a DAT drive to backup my server content but aparently I
    > have some problemns with the device.
    > Each time I put a tape on the reader, it performs a 12 seconds check
    > (blinking green light at left led) and the tape was ejected.
    > Any clue or suggestion?
    >
    > The tape driver is an Hewlett Packard
    > C1554A DDS-3 SCCI DAT driver
    > and the tape is a DDS-3 125 tape

    Is this a brand new drive?

    If not, put in a cleaning tape and see if that cleans the drive.

    Then try another brand new tape to see if it ejects the new tape.

    moncho

  3. Re: HP DAT drive problem

    "fato" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I just install a DAT drive to backup my server content but aparently I
    > have some problemns with the device.
    > Each time I put a tape on the reader, it performs a 12 seconds check
    > (blinking green light at left led) and the tape was ejected.
    > Any clue or suggestion?
    >
    > The tape driver is an Hewlett Packard
    > C1554A DDS-3 SCCI DAT driver
    > and the tape is a DDS-3 125 tape
    >
    > regards

    There is a utility on the HP web site that looks at the drive, can update
    it's firmware, and do diagnostics.

    You should get this and run it just to see what you've got. The firmware
    upgrade has fixed my C1557's problem so far.

    Doug

+ Reply to Thread