I'm servicing a friend's HP system, and his monitor, which off the top
of my head I believe to be an MX704, forgets it's geometry settings on
every reboot, requiring the manual configuration every boot.

Am I correct in assuming that this is a hardware issue with the monitor
itself? Possibly a faulty EEPROM? HP's site makes no mention of this,
and I can't resolve anything through searching the net. Unfortunately,
the system is about 1.5 months past the warranty.

I thank you in advance for the assistance.

Cheers,

Ian