OfficeJet G85 and Windows 2003 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OfficeJet G85 and Windows 2003 - Hewlett Packard ; Is there any way to get the scanning working with WIndows 2003? Drivers on HPs site only go to Windows 2000 or XP. The XP drivers don't work. I am unable to use the HP Director program and do any ...

  1. OfficeJet G85 and Windows 2003

    Is there any way to get the scanning working with WIndows 2003? Drivers
    on HPs site only go to Windows 2000 or XP. The XP drivers don't work. I
    am unable to use the HP Director program and do any scanning.

    Thanks

    Eric

  2. Re: OfficeJet G85 and Windows 2003

    Windows 2003 SERVER, right? Apparently HP's thinking is that the G85 is not a
    product to be installed on a server. I seem to recall reports of similar issues
    between Windows 2000 Server and HP
    does-all-walks-talks-crawls-on-its-belly-shines-your-shoes-cures-warts products.

    You might be able to hack the installation files to make it work, but hacking
    Windows install files has become an arcane discipline with Windows'
    ever-increased complexity... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 11:30:11 -0600, "Eric Margheim"
    wrote:

    >Is there any way to get the scanning working with WIndows 2003? Drivers
    >on HPs site only go to Windows 2000 or XP. The XP drivers don't work. I
    >am unable to use the HP Director program and do any scanning.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Eric

  3. Re: OfficeJet G85 and Windows 2003

    wrote in message
    > Windows 2003 SERVER, right? Apparently HP's thinking is that the G85 is

    not a

    Yep. Don't they realize that developers and others might actually use
    normal printers?

    > product to be installed on a server. I seem to recall reports of similar

    issues
    > between Windows 2000 Server and HP
    > does-all-walks-talks-crawls-on-its-belly-shines-your-shoes-cures-warts

    products.

    > You might be able to hack the installation files to make it work, but

    hacking
    > Windows install files has become an arcane discipline with Windows'
    > ever-increased complexity... Ben Myers

    Any links on how to hack it so it'll run?

  4. Re: OfficeJet G85 and Windows 2003

    I haven't hacked ini and install files since Windows 95, and Microsoft has added
    more complications since then. I'm at a loss as to what to suggest, but I feel
    your pain. Have felt it for years with the way HP cripples its printer and
    scanner software... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:30:44 -0600, "Eric Margheim"
    wrote:

    > wrote in message
    >> Windows 2003 SERVER, right? Apparently HP's thinking is that the G85 is

    >not a
    >
    >Yep. Don't they realize that developers and others might actually use
    >normal printers?
    >
    >> product to be installed on a server. I seem to recall reports of similar

    >issues
    >> between Windows 2000 Server and HP
    >> does-all-walks-talks-crawls-on-its-belly-shines-your-shoes-cures-warts

    >products.
    >>
    >> You might be able to hack the installation files to make it work, but

    >hacking
    >> Windows install files has become an arcane discipline with Windows'
    >> ever-increased complexity... Ben Myers

    >Any links on how to hack it so it'll run?

  5. Re: OfficeJet G85 and Windows 2003

    Just to mention - i have the same problem with HP Office G55 (Windows2003
    Ent Serv). HP do make nice printers - yes - but the really suck in making
    drivers...

    // peter

    "Eric Margheim" wrote in message
    > Is there any way to get the scanning working with WIndows 2003? Drivers
    > on HPs site only go to Windows 2000 or XP. The XP drivers don't work.
    > am unable to use the HP Director program and do any scanning.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Eric

+ Reply to Thread