I have a HP Pavilion 564a with a Phoenix Bios 4.00 and every time I start
the Computer it says the Cpu Fan is not working and the Computer will shut
down in 5 seconds unless I press F2
Now, The Fan is working and there is no problem, The Cpu Temp is running at
a nice Cool 33 deg But the problem is I cant get rid of the Warning and
pressing F2 all the time to start up is getting to be a pain.
I cant turn it off at the Bios as it needs to be done via the Motherboard,
Possibley a Jumper of some sort, But I cant find the Jumper, Does any one
know where it might be situated on the MB, ( Thats if there is one ) or How
can I stop this message comming up

The 3 wire cable is in the correct Plug, its in the origonal socket from the
day it was purchaced. there are 2 sockets one either side of the MB, I have
tried Both but the same problem accours. so I have now left it in the
origonal position. One thing I have add'd is a new Hard Drive to the
Computer, But surely that wouldnt have anything to do with the problem.
There are no other wires that I could have Damaged or dissconnected near it.
The message in the Phoenix Bios says it cant be configured from the Bios (
See your Administrator ) So I gather there should be a way of cancelling
the message out. So from that I presume there is a Jumper to stop that
message coming up. Some similar HP dont have CPU fans so that is another
reson why I thought that I should be able to stop the message and the
restart in 5 seconds.
Cheers and Thanks