FS: PostScript module for LaserJet 4 or 4M - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on FS: PostScript module for LaserJet 4 or 4M - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, we have to PostScript modules for HP LaserJet 4 or 4M printers for sale. The modules are refurbished ones, part number is C2080A. The price is US$ 80 each and includes shipping. Regards, Christoph Gartmann -- Max-Planck-Institut fuer Phone ...

  1. FS: PostScript module for LaserJet 4 or 4M

    Hello,

    we have to PostScript modules for HP LaserJet 4 or 4M printers for sale. The
    modules are refurbished ones, part number is C2080A. The price is US$ 80 each
    and includes shipping.

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany

  2. Re: FS: PostScript module for LaserJet 4 or 4M

    On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:24:44 UTC, gartmann@non.immunbio.mpg.de.sens
    (Christoph Gartmann) wrote:

    > we have to PostScript modules for HP LaserJet 4 or 4M printers for sale. The
    > modules are refurbished ones, part number is C2080A. The price is US$ 80 each
    > and includes shipping.

    What does one do to refurbish a SIMM? Even with special chips on it?

    --
    Bob Eager
    begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

  3. Re: FS: PostScript module for LaserJet 4 or 4M

    Refurbish: Clean the dust off. Install in a printer to make sure it works.
    End of story... Ben Myers

    On 26 Oct 2005 10:26:58 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

    >On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:24:44 UTC, gartmann@non.immunbio.mpg.de.sens
    >(Christoph Gartmann) wrote:
    >
    >> we have to PostScript modules for HP LaserJet 4 or 4M printers for sale. The
    >> modules are refurbished ones, part number is C2080A. The price is US$ 80 each
    >> and includes shipping.

    >What does one do to refurbish a SIMM? Even with special chips on it?
    >
    >--
    >Bob Eager
    >begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

  4. Re: FS: PostScript module for LaserJet 4 or 4M

    Bob Eager wrote:

    > ... PostScript modules for HP LaserJet 4 or 4M printers ...

    The "4M" printer, of course, included the PS SIMM, so
    buying this would presumably for spares/repair purposes.

    > What does one do to refurbish a SIMM? Even with special chips on it?

    Likely nothing, other than test.

    But the C2080A probably included a bunch of collateral
    that might need to be hunted down or recreated, such
    as the Install Guide, PS Tech Ref manual, and a stack
    of software driver disks for Windows 3.1 and early 1990s
    Mac, assuming that any of this is included (or the
    buyer even cares, in the case of drivers).

    I wonder if the C2080A also works in the later 4+/4M+,
    which had its own C3129A PS SIMM. Chances are it
    might, but wouldn't support the extra paper handling those
    printers introduced, in particular the duplexer.

  5. Re: FS: PostScript module for LaserJet 4 or 4M

    On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:23:44 UTC, "rjn" wrote:

    > But the C2080A probably included a bunch of collateral
    > that might need to be hunted down or recreated, such
    > as the Install Guide, PS Tech Ref manual, and a stack
    > of software driver disks for Windows 3.1

    Nope, it included those drivers.

    > I wonder if the C2080A also works in the later 4+/4M+,
    > which had its own C3129A PS SIMM. Chances are it
    > might, but wouldn't support the extra paper handling those
    > printers introduced, in particular the duplexer.

    No, it doesn't. (I've tried)

    --
    Bob Eager
    begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

+ Reply to Thread