HP Omnibook 6000 Forum wanted - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Omnibook 6000 Forum wanted - Hewlett Packard ; I've decieded to fix my old Omnibook 6000 v buying a new notebook. Bought a "working" carcass off ebay and have all the parts from my old system, (known good parts), to fix the carcass. I've built allot of computers ...

  1. HP Omnibook 6000 Forum wanted

    I've decieded to fix my old Omnibook 6000 v buying a new notebook. Bought a
    "working" carcass off ebay and have all the parts from my old system, (known
    good parts), to fix the carcass. I've built allot of computers but guess its
    time to learn how to maintain my notebook. I am looking for a good notebook
    repair forum. Preferably one that I can get pretty specific about HP and/or
    Omnibook.

    tia~william

  2. Re: HP Omnibook 6000 Forum wanted

    "william" wrote in message
    > I've decieded to fix my old Omnibook 6000 v buying a new notebook. Bought a
    > "working" carcass off ebay and have all the parts from my old system, (known
    > good parts), to fix the carcass. I've built allot of computers but guess its
    > time to learn how to maintain my notebook. I am looking for a good notebook
    > repair forum. Preferably one that I can get pretty specific about HP and/or
    > Omnibook.

    You might try asking specific questions at the HP Omnibook forum at:
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...categoryId=410

    Regards,
    Bob Headrick

  3. Re: HP Omnibook 6000 Forum wanted

    On the seventh day, Bob Headrick wrote...

    > "william" wrote in message
    >> I've decieded to fix my old Omnibook 6000 v buying a new notebook. Bought a
    >> "working" carcass off ebay and have all the parts from my old system, (known
    >> good parts), to fix the carcass. I've built allot of computers but guess its
    >> time to learn how to maintain my notebook. I am looking for a good notebook
    >> repair forum. Preferably one that I can get pretty specific about HP and/or
    >> Omnibook.

    > You might try asking specific questions at the HP Omnibook forum at:
    > http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...categoryId=410

    good point, Bob. A service manual explaining everything in detail is also
    floating around, so that your questions may be very specific. If already
    managed to service my OB6k, so I can assure you, as long as your parts fit
    together (there are several versions of the OB6k), you will manage also!

    If you have any questions, please also put them here because I don't read
    ITRC on a daily basis.

    We surrender!! - Kirk, "Star Trek VI"

+ Reply to Thread