Re: Dual head graphics card for HP 5100 MT?? Help!! - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Dual head graphics card for HP 5100 MT?? Help!! - Hewlett Packard ; In article , larryfromdc@yahoo.com writes: : I want to install a dual head graphics card in an HP Compaq dc5100 MT :that I'm using at work. I read the specs on the DC5100 and they claim :the machine has a ...

  1. Re: Dual head graphics card for HP 5100 MT?? Help!!

    In article <1129810476.900443.169370@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>, larryfromdc@yahoo.com writes:
    : I want to install a dual head graphics card in an HP Compaq dc5100 MT
    :that I'm using at work. I read the specs on the DC5100 and they claim
    :the machine has a PCI Express slot. I opened up the box but I can't
    :find any PCI Express slot! I only see two slots on the mother board and
    :they don't look like PCI,they only have two sets of pinouts, not three,
    :which I think PCI cards have...).

    The dc5100 has a PCIe 1x slot, and two PCI slots.

    Graphics on the dc5100 are via the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
    900 series; via embedded graphics resident on the mainboard.

    PCIe slots come in several widths (both physically and electrically),
    and the PCIe 1x slot is located parallel to and medial to the two PCI
    slots. All three align with the I/O bulkhead on the dc5100 series.
    (You are probably thinking of the PCIe 16x slot, which is roughly
    similar in size to the AGP slot of old.)

    The dc7100 series has a PCIe 16x slot, 1 PCIe 1x, and 1 or (with an
    optional PCI extender card) a total of 3 PCI slots.

    You will likely need to add and use a PCI graphics controller, if you
    need additional displays on a dc5100 series.

    ---------------------------- #include -----------------------------
    For additional, please see the OpenVMS FAQ -- www.hp.com/go/openvms/faq
    --------------------------- pure personal opinion ---------------------------
    Hoff (Stephen) Hoffman OpenVMS Engineering hoff[at]hp.com

  2. Re: Dual head graphics card for HP 5100 MT?? Help!!

    "Hoff Hoffman" skrev i en meddelelse

    > You will likely need to add and use a PCI graphics controller, if you
    > need additional displays on a dc5100 series.

    Correct, the following HP parts can be used:

    Dual head solutions
    NVIDIA Quadro 280 NVS 64MB PCI dual head(DMS59with VGA Y-Cable)
    DY599A

    NVIDIA Quadro 50 NVS 64MB PCI DVI w/TV Out
    PU615A

    NVIDIA Quadro4 100NVS 64MB PCI Dual Head w/ VGA, DVI-I and S-video
    connectors
    DC664A

    --
    Esben