reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze 5400 laptop ? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze 5400 laptop ? - Hewlett Packard ; Can anyone reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze 5400 laptop ? I am on the second piece of crap Hitachi drive. It has the same symptoms as the first, wont go past the xp welcome ...

  1. reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze 5400 laptop ?

    Can anyone reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze
    5400 laptop ?
    I am on the second piece of crap Hitachi drive.
    It has the same symptoms as the first, wont go past the xp welcome
    screen, When I tried a full format and reinstall , It says it cant
    copy the files to complete the install etc.....

    Thank you

    Paul

  2. Re: reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze 5400 laptop ?

    Shop at any computer store. OEM or full boxed drive will work.
    Bigger is better. Look for rebates and in your experience stay
    away from Hitachi. I just bought a 40Gb OEM (no box) for about $90.

    Did both Hitachis fail out of warranty?

    Good Luck
    Mike

    "Jack" wrote in message
    > Can anyone reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze
    > 5400 laptop ?
    > I am on the second piece of crap Hitachi drive.
    > It has the same symptoms as the first, wont go past the xp welcome
    > screen, When I tried a full format and reinstall , It says it cant
    > copy the files to complete the install etc.....
    >
    > Thank you
    >

    > Paul

  3. Re: reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze 5400 laptop ?

    What brand tho ?
    If they originally have a Hitachi drive and you dont want one because
    its crap

    OEM = original equipment manufacturer

    On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:47:07 -0400, "M" wrote:

    >Shop at any computer store. OEM or full boxed drive will work.
    >Bigger is better. Look for rebates and in your experience stay
    >away from Hitachi. I just bought a 40Gb OEM (no box) for about $90.
    >
    >Did both Hitachis fail out of warranty?
    >
    >Good Luck
    >Mike
    >

    >"Jack" wrote in message
    >> Can anyone reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze
    >> 5400 laptop ?
    >> I am on the second piece of crap Hitachi drive.
    >> It has the same symptoms as the first, wont go past the xp welcome
    >> screen, When I tried a full format and reinstall , It says it cant
    >> copy the files to complete the install etc.....
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >>

    >> Paul

  4. Re: reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze 5400 laptop ?

    So basically they are telling you to install another Hitrachi drive it
    looks like to me. I have had some experience with them.
    They are not reliable.

    Paul

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:29:15 GMT, Matt
    wrote:

    >What brand tho ?
    >If they originally have a Hitachi drive and you dont want one because
    >its crap
    >

    >OEM = original equipment manufacturer
    >

    >On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:47:07 -0400, "M" wrote:
    >
    >>Shop at any computer store. OEM or full boxed drive will work.
    >>Bigger is better. Look for rebates and in your experience stay
    >>away from Hitachi. I just bought a 40Gb OEM (no box) for about $90.
    >>
    >>Did both Hitachis fail out of warranty?
    >>
    >>Good Luck
    >>Mike
    >>

    >>"Jack" wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze
    >>> 5400 laptop ?
    >>> I am on the second piece of crap Hitachi drive.
    >>> It has the same symptoms as the first, wont go past the xp welcome
    >>> screen, When I tried a full format and reinstall , It says it cant
    >>> copy the files to complete the install etc.....
    >>>
    >>> Thank you
    >>>

    >>> Paul

  5. Re: reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze 5400 laptop ?

    http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com

    toshiba 77.95 plus shipping mk40 search

    part number
    20 gig 319412-001
    30 319413-001
    40 319414-001
    60 gig 319415-001

    On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:15:41 GMT, Jack wrote:

    >Can anyone reccomend a hard drive that will fit a HP Pavillion ze
    >5400 laptop ?
    >I am on the second piece of crap Hitachi drive.
    >It has the same symptoms as the first, wont go past the xp welcome
    >screen, When I tried a full format and reinstall , It says it cant
    >copy the files to complete the install etc.....
    >
    >Thank you
    >

    >Paul

+ Reply to Thread