Re: Dual head graphics card for HP 5100 MT?? Help!! - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Dual head graphics card for HP 5100 MT?? Help!! - Hewlett Packard ; Well, I have a PCI-Express card which is dual head and it does not fit the pinouts of either of the slots I see on the motherboard. I did not count the pin outs, but I can do that... Anyway, ...

  1. Re: Dual head graphics card for HP 5100 MT?? Help!!

    Well, I have a PCI-Express card which is dual head and it does not
    fit the pinouts of either of the slots I see on the motherboard. I did
    not count the pin outs, but I can do that...

    Anyway, the two slots looks kind of like this, as far as pinouts:

    Back of the machine Front of the machine

    | | | | | | | | | | | ||||||

    I don't see any other slots which would take a graphics card, just
    two slots.

    Is it possible that this box has NO ability to take another graphics
    card? Does anyone know? I will try to look up PCI-E versus PCI-X. Can
    anyone recommend a dual head card for this machine?

    Thanks,

    Larry
    Impmon wrote:
    > On 20 Oct 2005 05:14:36 -0700, larryfromdc@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > > I want to install a dual head graphics card in an HP Compaq dc5100 MT
    > >that I'm using at work. I read the specs on the DC5100 and they claim
    > >the machine has a PCI Express slot. I opened up the box but I can't
    > >find any PCI Express slot! I only see two slots on the mother board and
    > >they don't look like PCI,they only have two sets of pinouts, not three,
    > >which I think PCI cards have...).

    > It's possible some specs were in error. I've heard PCI-e and PCI-x
    > used as express even though these 2 are completely different (PCI-x is
    > slightly older BTW) Also HP web page have shown a few error before.
    > Once I caught them claiming a model could take 2GB RAM total yet
    > stated it takes max of 2x 512MB sticks.
    > --
    > When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
    > too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
    > To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net

  2. Re: Dual head graphics card for HP 5100 MT?? Help!!

    I am afraid that the sad truth is that this motherboard only has two
    ISA slots and therefore has no way of accomodating another graphics
    card.

    Sigh.

    I don't suppose it is possible to get an ISA to PCI adapter?

    Larry

+ Reply to Thread