"Citizen Kane"
wrote:

|>I took some of the advice here from a previous thread and checked the
|>drivers. Couldn't find what I was looking for.
|>
|>So I rolled back the computer (well, Windows XP) to a previous time. Still
|>didn't work.
|>
|>I uninstalled all HP software. Still freezing up, but not as often and not
|>as randomly.
|>
|>I don't get it...shouldn't removing all the HP components off of my system
|>for a re-install have worked, since the noise that the computer gives me
|>when these freezings occur is the same noise that was put on my system for
|>the printer?

The noise? A windows sound? Open Control Panel - Sounds and audio
devices - Sounds, and play each sound until you find one associated to
your problem and work from there.

You can download and run Process Explorer when your mouse freezes.
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html
Find the offending program, read it's image and see what's causing
this.

You can set up a keyboard shortcut to launch PE, then use the Tab,
Arrow, and enter key(s) to get around, Practice this so when you loose
your mouse you can navigate.

If it is a CPU usage problem (system freezes) - just leave PE running,
click on CPU to get the high usage programs on top of the list and
when it happens read what program is involved.

--
http://media.putfile.com/PurePwnage-WoWisafeeling