LINEX 9.1 INSTALLATION PROBLEM - Help

This is a discussion on LINEX 9.1 INSTALLATION PROBLEM - Help ; Hello, I am trying to install Linux 9.1 via a set of 3 CD pack. when I insert 1st CD for starting instalation,i use autoboot option. Though it starts unpacking files, but then a blue screen comes asking for few ...

  1. LINEX 9.1 INSTALLATION PROBLEM

    Hello,
    I am trying to install Linux 9.1 via a set of 3 CD pack.
    when I insert 1st CD for starting instalation,i use autoboot option.
    Though it starts unpacking files, but then a blue screen comes asking
    for few things such as language of installation, keybord type ,In
    which Drive is the Package to installed.
    For this(Drive) i select local cdrom, but it displayes a message that
    "The Red Hat Linux Cd was not found in any of your CDROM Drive."

    Pls help me to know where the fault might be , as it started unpacking
    and then saying no linex cd.

    One of my well wisher asked me to check for anaconda file in RPMS
    folder.
    In RPMS folder there are 472 files and one file is there with name
    "anacron-2.3-25.i386 ",its size is 31 kb.
    But there is No file with name "Anaconda" in Linux 9.1 1st CD.

    thanks

    Amit Arora

  2. Re: LINEX 9.1 INSTALLATION PROBLEM

    On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 04:02:19 -0700, SIP3261 wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am trying to install Linux 9.1 via a set of 3 CD pack.

    You mean "Red Hat Linux 9.1," not "Linux 9.1." 9.1 is the version number
    of the distribution made by Red Hat. Linux itself is at version 2.6.7.

    > when I insert 1st CD for starting instalation,i use autoboot option.
    > Though it starts unpacking files, but then a blue screen comes asking
    > for few things such as language of installation, keybord type ,In
    > which Drive is the Package to installed.
    > For this(Drive) i select local cdrom, but it displayes a message that

    The question probably was asking for the drive INTO WHICH Linux was to be
    installed. It already knew where it was coming from.

    > "The Red Hat Linux Cd was not found in any of your CDROM Drive."

    I guess once the installation decided the CD was where Linux was going to
    be installed, the CD was no longer considered to be a place where the
    source for the install could be found.

    > Pls help me to know where the fault might be , as it started unpacking
    > and then saying no linex cd.
    >
    > One of my well wisher asked me to check for anaconda file in RPMS
    > folder.
    > In RPMS folder there are 472 files and one file is there with name
    > "anacron-2.3-25.i386 ",its size is 31 kb.
    > But there is No file with name "Anaconda" in Linux 9.1 1st CD.

    Anaconda is the what is actually running at the time you do the install.
    That is what you were interacting with at the time you got into trouble.

    I think you want to indicate the name of one of your hard drives, not the
    CD ROM. Make sure there is nothing on that hard drive you want to keep,
    because, unless you are very sure what you are doing, it will be
    completely wiped out by the install. If the hard drive contains MS
    Windows, for example, it would completely disappear as a result of the
    install. Personally, I would consider that a good thing, but you might not
    feel the same way about it.

    --
    Thomas D. Shepard
    Sorry, you can't email me.