how to set linux permissions for include files our of web root? - Help

This is a discussion on how to set linux permissions for include files our of web root? - Help ; I want to move the include files for an app out of web root - how do I allow ONLY that referring file (php page) in web root to securely access the include.php file in a directory out of the ...

  1. how to set linux permissions for include files our of web root?

    I want to move the include files for an app out of web root - how do I allow
    ONLY that referring file (php page) in web root to securely access the
    include.php file in a directory out of the web root?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: how to set linux permissions for include files our of web root?

    I have done something like this already. What you can do is use the
    function chdir: http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.chdir.php

    What do you mean by sercurely? just out of the webroot?

    you can not use it using just require(); ?

    On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:27:19 -0400, NotGiven wrote:

    > I want to move the include files for an app out of web root - how do I allow
    > ONLY that referring file (php page) in web root to securely access the
    > include.php file in a directory out of the web root?
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread