where to set java and glibc paths? newbie alert! - Help

This is a discussion on where to set java and glibc paths? newbie alert! - Help ; ln -s /usr/java/sdk_vers/bin /usr/java/bin and add /usr/java/bin to the PATH variable settings in ? /etc/csh.logig ? /etc/profile ? /etc/profile.d/java.sh And I managed to botch getting the compiler in. cc complains it can't find . Is that another good thing to ...

  1. where to set java and glibc paths? newbie alert!

    ln -s /usr/java/sdk_vers/bin /usr/java/bin

    and add /usr/java/bin to the PATH variable settings in

    ? /etc/csh.logig
    ? /etc/profile
    ? /etc/profile.d/java.sh

    And I managed to botch getting the compiler in. cc complains it can't
    find . Is that another good thing to set in the shell source
    scripts (like JAVA_HOME and maybe CLASSPATH)?

  2. Re: where to set java and glibc paths? newbie alert!

    follow ups to comp.os.linux.help

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Joseph Daniel Zukiger wrote:

    > ln -s /usr/java/sdk_vers/bin /usr/java/bin
    >
    > and add /usr/java/bin to the PATH variable settings in
    >
    > ? /etc/csh.logig
    > ? /etc/profile
    > ? /etc/profile.d/java.sh
    >
    > And I managed to botch getting the compiler in. cc complains it can't
    > find . Is that another good thing to set in the shell source
    > scripts (like JAVA_HOME and maybe CLASSPATH)?

    a search of for "javac command not found" yields:

    I have same prob, can't *quite* get it working in Fedora

    Thufir Hawat

+ Reply to Thread