int num = MINOR(inode->i_rdev); uncompilable - Help

This is a discussion on int num = MINOR(inode->i_rdev); uncompilable - Help ; Hi When I try to compile this int card_open(struct inode *inode , struct file *filep){ int num = MINOR(inode->i_rdev); the compiler gives me the error message "error: invalid operands to binary &" in the second line. searching "int num = ...

  1. int num = MINOR(inode->i_rdev); uncompilable

    Hi
    When I try to compile this

    int card_open(struct inode *inode , struct file *filep){
    int num = MINOR(inode->i_rdev);

    the compiler gives me the error message
    "error: invalid operands to binary &" in the second line.

    searching "int num = MINOR(inode->i_rdev);" in the internet given me
    very much hits, but obviously there are no problems in generel

    The files I include are
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include "mycard.h"

    The Kernel I use is 2.4.21

    thanks
    Erik

  2. Re: int num = MINOR(inode->i_rdev); uncompilable

    lilith hurrtz wrote:

    > int card_open(struct inode *inode , struct file *filep){
    > int num = MINOR(inode->i_rdev);

    ..... maybe get rid fo the "{" at the end of line 1? should be a ";"
    ..
    The fact that boys are allowed to exist at all is evidence of a
    remarkable Christian forbearance among men.
    -- Ambrose Bierce

+ Reply to Thread