environment variable JDK_HOME & netbeans - Help

This is a discussion on environment variable JDK_HOME & netbeans - Help ; err, I broke netbeans. I can use jdk1.5.0 but want it to work with netbeans. Originally I installed netbeans with jdk.1.4.x; after un-installing jdk1.4.x netbeans no longer works. in Fedora Core One: [net]$ echo $JAVA_HOME /home/net/jdk1.5.0/ [net]$ /home/net/netbeans3.6/bin/runide.sh [net]$ Cannot ...

  1. environment variable JDK_HOME & netbeans

    err, I broke netbeans. I can use jdk1.5.0 but want it to work with
    netbeans. Originally I installed netbeans with jdk.1.4.x; after
    un-installing jdk1.4.x netbeans no longer works.

    in Fedora Core One:

    [net]$ echo $JAVA_HOME
    /home/net/jdk1.5.0/

    [net]$ /home/net/netbeans3.6/bin/runide.sh

    [net]$ Cannot find JDK at /home/net/j2sdk1.4.2_04.
    Please set the JDK_HOME
    environment variable to point to your JDK installation directory,
    or use the --jdkhome switch

    [1]+ Exit 2 /home/net/NetBeans3.6/bin/runide.sh

  2. Re: environment variable JDK_HOME & netbeans

    thufir.hawat@mail.com wrote:

    > err, I broke netbeans. I can use jdk1.5.0 but want it to work with
    > netbeans. Originally I installed netbeans with jdk.1.4.x; after
    > un-installing jdk1.4.x netbeans no longer works.
    >
    > in Fedora Core One:
    >
    > [net]$ echo $JAVA_HOME
    > /home/net/jdk1.5.0/
    >
    > [net]$ /home/net/netbeans3.6/bin/runide.sh
    >
    > [net]$ Cannot find JDK at /home/net/j2sdk1.4.2_04.
    > Please set the JDK_HOME
    > environment variable to point to your JDK installation directory,
    > or use the --jdkhome switch
    >
    > [1]+ Exit 2 /home/net/NetBeans3.6/bin/runide.sh

    Edit the ide.cfg file in your netbeans bin dir, and adjust the path to the
    JDK.
    Or do what the errormessage suggests.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren

  3. FAQ Linux classpath, was Re: environment variable JDK_HOME & netbeans

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Christophe Vanfleteren wrote:
    [..]

    >> in Fedora Core One:
    >>
    >> [net]$ echo $JAVA_HOME
    >> /home/net/jdk1.5.0/

    [net]$ echo $JAVA_HOME simply echo's a blank line now.

    this *was* working, now it doesn't. could it possibly have "reset" to
    blank (or whatever) after a reboot? if so, how do I make it permanent,
    please? it may not matter, though..

    >> [net]$ /home/net/netbeans3.6/bin/runide.sh
    >>
    >> [net]$ Cannot find JDK at /home/net/j2sdk1.4.2_04.
    >> Please set the JDK_HOME
    >> environment variable to point to your JDK installation directory,
    >> or use the --jdkhome switch
    >>
    >> [1]+ Exit 2 /home/net/NetBeans3.6/bin/runide.sh

    > Edit the ide.cfg file in your netbeans bin dir, and adjust the path to the
    > JDK.
    > Or do what the errormessage suggests.
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Christophe Vanfleteren

    for the netbeans ide I edited ide.cfg to:
    -jdkhome /home/net/jdk1.5.0

    is ther another jdkhome? or JDK_HOME? or JAVA_HOME? is there maybe a
    master list I could just open with pico/whatever and correct it?

    now the ide works fine. however, to install jazilla I need to fix the
    path for the "java" and "javac" commands, I believe. My best google
    result address' windows but
    not Linux.

    thanks,

    Thufir Hawat

    crossposted, follow up to comp.lang.java.help pls

+ Reply to Thread