DVD+R problems - works in Mdk 9.2, not in 10 - Help

This is a discussion on DVD+R problems - works in Mdk 9.2, not in 10 - Help ; Hello All, I'm also having problems with reading data DVD+R disks. I created some in Mandrake 9.2 (NEC 2510A writer) and I can read them fine on that OS. However I installed Mandrake 10 on the same machine and it ...

  1. DVD+R problems - works in Mdk 9.2, not in 10

    Hello All,

    I'm also having problems with reading data DVD+R disks. I created some in
    Mandrake 9.2 (NEC 2510A writer) and I can read them fine on that OS.

    However I installed Mandrake 10 on the same machine and it can't read the
    disks. If I put one in, Gnome performs the 'empty' action and brings
    up nautilus burner. Mount says it doesn't recognise the filesystem and
    xcdtoast also thinks the disks are empty. Glad I kept the 9.2 partition!

    The drive can mount and read CD-R and commercial DVD movie disks fine.
    I've not tried writing yet.

    The only differences I can see is that the drive was using ide-scsi and
    supermount on 9.2, but not 10. And kernel 2.4/2.6. Would those have any
    effect? Are there any other differences I missed?

    It's set to filesystem auto in fstab on both installations; forcing it to
    udf or iso9660 doesn't help.

    Has anyone else had this same situation? Would it help to post error
    messages, fstab lines etc?

    Thanks!

    - Stephen Wassell (please replace haku with steve to reply)

  2. Re: DVD+R problems - works in Mdk 9.2, not in 10

    Stephen Wassell wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I'm also having problems with reading data DVD+R disks. I created some in
    > Mandrake 9.2 (NEC 2510A writer) and I can read them fine on that OS.

    Are the discs fixated? I couldn't read DVD+Rs that I made with Mandrake
    10 until I did a cdrecord -fix. dvd+rw-mediainfo might provide more
    information than mount, etc., too.

    CDA

+ Reply to Thread