Backup and /or drive mirror - Help

  1. Backup and /or drive mirror

    Hi there.

    I am setting up Fedora file server and I am looking into backup/ drive
    mirror soulutions. Could you please let me know what wouyld be best option
    for me to utilize? Thank You!

  2. Re: Backup and /or drive mirror

    Check out Storix (storix.com). Their product is awesome for data backup
    and for system backup/recovery. You should never use mirroring as a
    backup strategy, but if you use it for high availability, Storix will
    retain your mirroring using software RAID and rebuild it all for you on
    recovery. We do this a lot, and also use storix to convert our
    partition-based filesystems to software RAID and to LVM.