Unique problem I need to solve - Help

This is a discussion on Unique problem I need to solve - Help ; I have two systems that I use Debian on mostly. One at work and one at home. They are configured very close as they came from the knoppix hd install process. I have key drive (flash drive) that I use ...

  1. Unique problem I need to solve

    I have two systems that I use Debian on mostly. One at work and one at
    home. They are configured very close as they came from the knoppix hd
    install process.

    I have key drive (flash drive) that I use to store all my stuff, also
    with the mozilla settings and email and whatnot that comes with the
    running of the mozilla products.

    I've set up my links to point to the flash drive from my home directories.

    All is well, as long as the flash drive boots up and is found as sda (sda1).

    Sometimes, when my music drive (external 250G) is plugged in at home,
    the flash drive comes up as sdb (sdb1).

    Well, my links need it to be on sda1. Is there a neat and nifty way to
    dynamically assign the links to point to the flash drive at bootup
    no-matter if it is sda1 or sdb1?

    I'd think a nice little shell script would do nicely, anyone got any ideas?

    Kenneth

  2. Re: Unique problem I need to solve

    Kenneth Lantrip wrote:

    > Well, my links need it to be on sda1. Is there a neat and nifty way to
    > dynamically assign the links to point to the flash drive at bootup
    > no-matter if it is sda1 or sdb1?

    google: udev

    Michael
    --