need install help in Seattle - Help

This is a discussion on need install help in Seattle - Help ; I've got a blank 2.5 inch laptop hard drive and I need to install Linux on it, preferably Slackware. Can anyone assist? I'll buy you a pizza in return. My computer has no CDROM drive and no network card, so ...

  1. need install help in Seattle

    I've got a blank 2.5 inch laptop hard drive and I need
    to install Linux on it, preferably Slackware. Can anyone assist?
    I'll buy you a pizza in return. My computer has no CDROM
    drive and no network card, so you'd have to have a 2.5 inch
    external enclosure I am thinking.

    Thanks,
    z72y@yahoo.com

  2. Re: need install help in Seattle

    abc123 wrote:
    > I've got a blank 2.5 inch laptop hard drive and I need
    > to install Linux on it, preferably Slackware. Can anyone assist?
    > I'll buy you a pizza in return. My computer has no CDROM
    > drive and no network card, so you'd have to have a 2.5 inch
    > external enclosure I am thinking.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > z72y@yahoo.com

    Okay, i have done this on a 386 toshiba with no CD rom or floppy. I
    went ahead and installed the base on another laptop then just moved the
    drive into the one I wanted to install linux on. If you have a floppy
    drive, I know debian has floppy installtion, (12 I think) for the base.
    Then you can use dselect and tasksel to update your packages from
    there. Hope this helps.

    http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyinst

+ Reply to Thread