Bulk Email - Hardware requirements - Help

This is a discussion on Bulk Email - Hardware requirements - Help ; Hello, I had a question on sending out bulk email messages to our members. We have about 90,000 members and would like to send them periodic messages. My question is, what kind of minimum requirements (CPU speed & bandwidth) are ...

  1. Bulk Email - Hardware requirements

    Hello,
    I had a question on sending out bulk email messages to our members.
    We have about 90,000 members and would like to send them periodic
    messages. My question is, what kind of minimum requirements (CPU
    speed & bandwidth) are needed to do this. We have a full T1 (average
    about 37% utilization) and would have a 1gig cpu running debian. They
    would only be text emails. To me, it sounds like we have plenty of
    cpu and bandwith for this, but I've never tried to send 90,000
    messages. Anyone have any thoughts or suggests? Thanks for any help!

    Charles

  2. Re: Bulk Email - Hardware requirements

    Looking for a date/hookup/sex partner?
    http://accfq2.linksysnet.com:999/match/index2.htm

    ^^ Free dating services & Swingers Pages! ^^
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Need a Loan or a Credit Card? Our loan pages are the best
    http://accfq2.linksysnet.com:999/loan/index.htm

    100% Guaranteed Credit Cards and Loans, EVEN IF YOU HAVE BAD CREDIT!
    Also, Signature Cash advances, and debt consolidation! Check us out today.

    Looking for adult Videos? DVDs? VHS? Toys? Look no further.
    http://shop.sex-superstore.com/cgi-s...ex.cgi?af=5971
    Guaranteed BEST price anywhere.. $9.99 XXX DVD Section! Free dildo with
    any order over $50! Check us out today!

    "Charles Li" wrote in message
    news:57013762.0407120942.55cdb319@posting.google.c om...
    > Hello,
    > I had a question on sending out bulk email messages to our members.
    > We have about 90,000 members and would like to send them periodic
    > messages. My question is, what kind of minimum requirements (CPU
    > speed & bandwidth) are needed to do this. We have a full T1 (average
    > about 37% utilization) and would have a 1gig cpu running debian. They
    > would only be text emails. To me, it sounds like we have plenty of
    > cpu and bandwith for this, but I've never tried to send 90,000
    > messages. Anyone have any thoughts or suggests? Thanks for any help!
    >
    > Charles

+ Reply to Thread