how do i find source code for the sbin executables (insmod etc)? - Help

This is a discussion on how do i find source code for the sbin executables (insmod etc)? - Help ; I encounter the error "Invalid module format". I googled on web but found no answer. I think I need to look into insmod source code. But, it is not found in the source cross-reference site http://lxr.linux.no/blurb.html . Where is it? ...

  1. how do i find source code for the sbin executables (insmod etc)?

    I encounter the error "Invalid module format". I googled on web but
    found no answer. I think I need to look into insmod source code.
    But, it is not found in the source cross-reference site
    http://lxr.linux.no/blurb.html. Where is it?

    Thanks!

    XZ

  2. Re: how do i find source code for the sbin executables (insmod etc)?

    Xiang Zhu wrote:

    > I encounter the error "Invalid module format". I googled on web but
    > found no answer. I think I need to look into insmod source code.
    > But, it is not found in the source cross-reference site
    > http://lxr.linux.no/blurb.html. Where is it?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > XZ

    It all depends on which program you're looking for as far as the sbin stuff.
    But insmod in particular is part of the "modutils" package.

  3. Re: how do i find source code for the sbin executables (insmod etc)?

    On 2004-07-10, Durk van Veen wrote:
    > But insmod in particular is part of the "modutils" package.

    For 2.4 and earlier kernels; but for 2.6, insmod is in module-init-tools.

    --
    Paul Kimoto
    This message was originally posted on Usenet in plain text. Any images,

+ Reply to Thread