how to open exe-files? - Help

This is a discussion on how to open exe-files? - Help ; Hi Does anyone know how I can open *.exe-files with linux? Is it possible with an external program? Thanks in advance, Chris...

  1. how to open exe-files?

    Hi

    Does anyone know how I can open *.exe-files with linux?
    Is it possible with an external program?

    Thanks in advance,

    Chris

  2. Re: how to open exe-files?

    On 7 Jul 2004 00:35:04 -0700, c.jaenisch@gmx.de (chris) wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Does anyone know how I can open *.exe-files with linux?
    >Is it possible with an external program?
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >Chris

    I was badly tempted to reply "emacs filename.exe", but I'm goiing to
    assume that you meant that you want to execute EXE files. If they're
    windows programs, look into wine or crossover office. If they're DOS
    apps, look into DOSEMU or DOSBOX.

    Mike-

    --
    If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.